Idaho Sex Offender One Stop Resource

Resource Website for Idaho Registered Citizens

Ada County Resources

Ascent Behavioral Health
Phone (208) 898-9755

Bethel Ministries
Phone (208) 475-1284

H & H Treatment Programs LLC
Phone (208) 855-9301

SANE Solutions
Phone 208-345-1170

Boise Rescue Mission Ministry Center
Phone (208) 368-0824

Idaho Diocesan Catholic Prison Ministry (IDCPM)
Phone (208) 322-2812

Let Us

Meridian Food Bank
Phone (208) 888-5102
Treasure Valley Community Resource Center (TVCRC)
Phone 208-459-9263

Vineyard Christian Fellowship Pantry
Phone (208) 377-1477

Ada County Indigent Services
Rent and Utility Assistance in Ada County
Utilities – power, gas and water only
Indigent Deceased
Assistance from the county is limited to one month’s assistance (one payment) in a 12-month period.

The county will consider such applications only when no other alternative is available to the applicant.

The county may offer assistance with payment for the following services:


All applicants must be a resident of Ada County at least 30 consecutive days prior to the filing of an application
Both the applicant and the applicant’s spouse must be legally present in the United States
Must file an application on approved form with notarized signature
All applications must be typed or filled out in blue or black ink. Applications filled out in pencil will not be accepted
All applicants and their spouse must submit to an interview
All applicants must cooperate with county staff in the investigation of the application
County will not provide more than one month’s assistance in any 12-month aggregate time period (assistance received from another county in Idaho will count in this calculation)
County will not provide continuing or long-term assistance
An application will be denied if an applicant voluntarily quit their job within 30 days prior to filing the application; or if he/she was fired for failing to appear for work, excessive absences or violation of employer policies
Ada County must be the last resort. That is, the applicant must have no other available resources, public or private. Applicant must present documented proof that they have applied for and been denied assistance from other available resources
The county will consider all available resources of all adult members of the household
All adult members of the household may be required to submit to an interview
All adult members of the household must be employed or demonstrate they are actively seeking employment
Applications cannot be filed sooner than 2 weeks before rent is due
Applicants will be required to submit bank statements for the 30-day period preceding the filing of the application
A valid type-written lease must be in effect and provided to county staff. Handwritten leases will not be considered valid.
County will not make payments to relatives of any degree or relation, including in-laws
County will not pay rent if the applicant is the subject of court eviction proceedings
County will not pay first month of rent, hotel/motel charges, mortgages, security deposits, late fees, interest penalties or parking/space rent for RV’s
County will not pay rent where a co-signer exists
County will not pay more rent than the amount set forth in HUD Guidelines
County will not pay past due rent unless landlord verifies in writing he/she will not institute eviction proceedings after payment
County will not pay rent or housing costs for:
Half-way housing
Clean and sober living
Similar boarding houses specifically provided for former felons
Housing specifically designed for recovering alcoholics or substance abusers
Assisted living facilities
Rest homes
Nursing homes
Rehabilitation facilities
Homes for wayward children
Good Samaritan homes or facilities

The account must be in the name of the applicant or his/her spouse; or it is clearly demonstrated that the applicant is required to pay for the utilities
Utility assistance will only be granted for applicant’s current address
Applications for utility assistance cannot be filed sooner than 2 weeks before the amount is due
If the account is guaranteed by another as a co-signer, the application will be denied
Ada County will not pay for:
Initial connection or reconnection fees
Late fees
Penalties or interest
Irrigation fees
Internet, satellite TV or cable TV
Any type of phone service
Sewage, garbage or trash collection fees (except where water, sewer and trash are billed on a single billing document)
Costs associated with septic tank cleaning or maintenance or replacement
Vehicle expenses
Any other expenses that are not considered “necessary living expenses”

In reviewing all applications, the county will investigate your ability to work, as well as the ability of other adult household members to work
You will be required to reimburse the county for any funds expended on your behalf
If federal, state or other programs or assistance are available to meet the needs of a household, an eligible applicant must apply for those programs before the county may provide non-medical assistance. If denied such other assistance, the applicant must pursue available administrative appeals for those programs to the final administrative level.

STEP 1: You must file and sign an application for assistance on an approved Application Form. Applications will not be taken over the phone and only applications submitted on the approved application form will be considered. Please use black or blue ink if filling out application in your own hand writing.

You must bring your application with you to the interview. An interview will not be conducted unless you have the completed application with you at the time of your interview. You will not be allowed to use the interview time to complete your application.

Interviews for rent and utility assistance are conducted Monday through Friday beginning at 8:30 a.m. The last interview will begin no later than 3:30 p.m. Interview times are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. Only 8 interviews each day will be conducted.

Interviews for cremation assistance are conducted on Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m.

Interview Location:
Ada County Indigent Services
252 E. Front Street, Suite 199
Boise, Idaho 83702
Parking is available in either of the two parking garages located on the east side of the County Courthouse Public Parking. The first hour of parking is free and a cost of $1.00 per hour thereafter. No parking validation is offered. Please enter this facility from Front Street and Avenue A.

Idaho Sex Offender One Stop Resource © 2015